The penetration for online shopping is higher than 60% in developed markets such as UK, Hong Kong, Germany, Japan and the US and is rapidly growing in developing markets such as India and China.
It is a big challenge for brands and retailers to deliver an effective online user experience to shoppers. Eye tracking eCommerce research conducted by SKIM in collaboration with Tobii and Unilever has shown that online shoppers focus mostly on product images for product recognition. So, how to make sure that shoppers are able to identify products?
One way to tackle this issue is the development of “Hero Images”. These are eCommerce optimized product images allow online shoppers to select the correct product faster (compared to conventional packshots) on all screen sizes / devices because the Hero Image allows recognition of brand, format, variant and size.
In this webinar we explained the importance of Hero images and how SKIM helped Unilever to test and optimize these Hero Images.
– Patricia Dominguez, Research Manager – SKIM
– Oliver Bradley, Global eCommerce Experience Design Director – Unilever
Unilever & SKIM: Optimizing Mobile Ready Hero Images for faster, easier online shopping
The research run by SKIM & Unilever eCommerce has proven that Hero Images improve product recognition and enhance product conversion. In this webinar you will learn:
- How to make sure that shoppers are able to recognize products when shopping online
- How Hero Images can help to identify products online and why
- About some effective methods for optimizing digital content, and more specifically Hero Images