Blog articles by Makella Bergsmith
- 32% of consumers have cancelled a digital entertainment or fitness subscription only to rejoin later
- Nearly 1 in 10 survey respondents cancel because they could not pause
- Providing pausing options can continue the relationship with the consumer and makes it more likely for consumers to rejoin, or reactivate
In a recent survey of digital entertainment and fitness service subscribers, 72% of respondents considered these subscriptions to be discretionary spending. In an era of high inflation and fierce competition in the digital subscription space, it’s important to explore what’s driving consumer behavior related to churn:
- Why are consumers cancelling subscriptions to digital entertainment and fitness services?
- What do consumers expect from their experience with digital subscription services?
- What does it take for consumers to rejoin after cancelling their digital subscriptions?
Knowing these insights is key to helping your subscription marketing strategy and to decreasing customer churn.