Blog articles by Brady Silva
- Understanding generational differences in subscription behavior is critical to success with FMCG subscription marketing and channel strategy.
- Millennials have more subscriptions than any other generation.
- 80% of Millennials said they subscribed to make their life easier.
- Millennials use introductory offers and often stick with a subscription after being gifted it.
- Keeping Millennials requires a subscriber-centric strategy that includes a subscription hopping portfolio.
- SKIM uncovered insights about subscription use, attitudes, and expectations with 16,000 consumer interviews in five countries.
For CPG brands and retailers, the subscription model offers tremendous opportunities for recurring revenue and consumer connection. But what is fueling consumer choice in the subscription economy, specifically for FMCG products, and how can brands capitalize on it?
It’s tempting to assume that consumers choose product subscriptions primarily to save money (think Amazon’s Subscribe & Save). However, our Subscription Lifestyle research revealed otherwise: in almost every category, consumers, especially those with multiple subscriptions, valued other subscription benefits more than a lower price.
Do you know what drives consumer choice for product subscriptions in your category? Is it convenience, cost, quality, or surprise? Getting it right is critical for your Go To Market strategy.
Our latest research explored consumer behavior and attitudes towards subscriptions across a variety of CPG categories. The results have revealed some surprising factors driving consumer decisions in these categories.
Read on to learn what subscription benefits consumers value most and the marketing implications for your brand
Have you ever opened your door and wondered: “What is in the package that just arrived?” Not since the early days of Netflix, when those red envelopes containing DVDs arrived in the mail, have so many consumers been confronted with a huge question mark at their doorstop.
This shopper phenomenon has been caused by an explosion in digitally enabled subscriptions for nearly every imaginable FMCG and Direct to Consumer category, combined with the popularity of Amazon Prime Subscribe and Save.
How is your company tackling the subscription economy? Do you know how the subscription lifestyle is impacting shopper journeys in your category?
Perhaps your team is already experimenting with a direct-to-consumer offer, or maybe you’re in the early stages of mapping out your subscription strategy.
Either way, it’s important to understand exactly how subscriptions are shifting consumer behavior and perceptions.
Read on for our latest insights on the ubiquity of the subscription lifestyle and five issues your team will want to address to succeed in this channel.