SKIM/Sawtooth Software Choice Modeling Workshop 2018
Being the development and training partner of Sawtooth Software, we team up to give a proven three-day software training track in Rotterdam, The Netherlands on April 11–13.
This intensive three-day workshop will provide you with practical solutions whether you already have some knowledge about conjoint/choice methodologies or are just getting started in order to improve your consulting practice. This workshop will cover three current and most popular choice research methodologies:
- CBC (Choice-Based Conjoint),
- MaxDiff (Maximum Difference Scaling), and
- ACBC (Adaptive CBC).
As the workshop is hand-on practical training, you will have the chance to create choice surveys yourself and will analyze sample data using a team-oriented case study approach.
Agenda of SKIM/Sawtooth Software Choice Modeling Workshop 2018
Day 1 of 3: Introduction to CBC
This session will introduce you to discrete choice (CBC) analysis through interactive, hands-on training. Below are some of the topics to be covered the first day:
- Conjoint methodology: overview, concepts, and objectives
- Formulating attributes and levels
- Designing conjoint experiments
- Best practices / common mistakes related to CBC
- Choosing among the four experimental design strategies: Complete Enumeration, Shortcut, Balanced Overlap, and Random
- Prohibitions: are they universally bad? Testing the impact of modest to severe prohibitions
- Design Testing: Quick Test vs. more advanced test using simulated respondents. How the advanced test can help with sample size decisions
Day 2 of 3: Intermediate CBC
This session will build upon the concepts learned in the introductory part of the training. You will receive practical experience while creating surveys in Sawtooth Software’s Lighthouse Studio system and analyzing the results. We will go beyond the basics of CBC and will cover:
- Analyzing CBC data using Counts, Logit, Latent Class, and hierarchical Bayes (HB)
- Using market simulators to estimate preference for competitive products in market scenarios, including price sensitivity
- Conditional Pricing/Display: customizing price ranges and concept display without the use of prohibitions
- Introduction to Alternative-Specific Designs
Day 3 of 3: MaxDiff and Adaptive CBC
This session will cover two of our most popular survey strategies: MaxDiff (best/worst item scaling) and Adaptive CBC. Topic to be covered:
- Designing, programming, and analyzing MaxDiff experiments
- MaxDiff Analyzer tool and TURF analysis
- Benefits and motivation for Adaptive CBC (ACBC)
- Designing, programming, and analyzing ACBC studies
- When to use non-adaptive CBC and Adaptive CBC (ACBC)
Fee and other relevant information
These informative sessions will be taught by senior staff by both SKIM and Sawtooth Software. In the practical sessions you will work hands-on with the Sawtooth Software’s Lighthouse Studio (formerly known as SSI Web) platform. If you don’t already own a license, we will provide a trial license for the purpose of the 3-day training.
The price for the workshop is €1,450 (excluding VAT, also for non-European countries). Payment arrangements will be sent via email following registration.