Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you want to innovate and develop new solutions that help consumers better understand their choices and help companies understand how to create improved, more effective sustainability solutions for their consumers / customers? SKIM is a global, award winning, consumer insights agency that specializes in helping companies understand how to disrupt and influence consumer buying patterns and decisions. We offer rewarding, challenging career paths for our people around the world.
We are have a great opportunity to join our growing team in San Francisco as Senior Research and Consumer Insights Manager. Currently all employees are working from home due to Covid-19.
A great opportunity to join our rapidly growing team, as Senior Research and Consumer Insights Manager, you will be serving as the primary client contact in all phases of market research projects and leading business development initiatives. You will be responsible for managing and growing accounts and client relationships.
Using your strong analytical skills, you will lead projects and guide analysts to ensure clients are given clear and actionable insights. Specifically, we are looking for someone to:-
- Discuss strategic business problems related to decision behavior with our clients and prepare proposals to best answer their business questions.
- Consult with our client’s market research and marketing functions to help them make the best decisions possible, by giving clear and actionable recommendations.
- Manage, supervise, and partially execute all phases of market research studies: the proposal, design, programming, questionnaire design, analysis, report writing, and presentation.
- Supervise the work of analysts and senior analysts and contribute to their growth and career development.
- Guide and teach others, and contribute to the growth and career development of team members.
- Help drive the future of the company by contributing to the improvement of products and services, and participating in / leading business development initiatives.
- Manage and grow accounts and client relationships.
The ideal candidate will have prior market research experience on the supplier side and a basic understanding of quantitative research techniques. More specifically we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- Masters degree in a relevant field (e.g. statistics / mathematics / economics).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within market research.
- Experience with conjoint design, conjoint analysis and simulator building experience (menu based conjoint experience is preferred)
- Has past hands-on experiences executing actual analytics or modeling type of projects (e.g. conjoint/discrete choice, advanced analytics, forecasting).
- At ease with statistical frameworks
- Experience using R, SawTooth and/or SSI is preferred.
- A proven track record of turning complex business issues into simple and actionable recommendations.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, and a passion for learning new quantitative research methodologies.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience presenting results in front of senior audiences.
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude.
Salary and benefits
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
● Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
● Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
● 4% match on 401(k)
● High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
● Open, collaborative work environment
● Flat organizational structure
● Focus on work / life balance
● Regular team outings and events
● Great, passionate colleagues
● Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training as well as opportunities over time to work in other offices around the world
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.