Are you a future SKIMmer?
Do you thrive in a fast, technical and commercial environment? Are you passionate about finding solutions for complex business problems and ready for the next challenge in your career?
Who is SKIM?
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia, and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology, and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of Brand Communications, Net Revenue Management and New Product Development. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #3 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious, and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
SKIM offers flexible working and make work life balance a priority. You also get to work with a fun, collaborative team of experts!
In this role, you are SKIM’s leader of Latin America, and you represent both the clients and the people. SKIM has offices in São Paulo and San Jose and is currently starting up in Mexico. You are reporting to the Global Managing Directors and participate in Global leadership meetings.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Set the vision and strategy for the region, based on SKIM’s global vision and strategy
- Give direction to the growth of the region
- Realize the regional financial KPI’s by your relentless focus on clients and operations
- Create a team spirit, inspire, motivate, and empower the people to contribute to the ambitious direction of SKIM
- Manage, recruit, coach and develop the Managers and Directors
- Work together with the global expertise leaders and coordinate in the region the development of the 4 expertise areas Framework & Solutions, Methodology & Analytics, Business Consultancy, and Client & Operations, to move towards an expertise-based network organization
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- 10+ years of Market Research experience, ideally supplier side, of which 3+ years in a leadership role
- Good understanding of market research/insights industry and the dynamics of the competitive field
- Familiar with the trends and developments in the LATAM market, as well as the cultural, legal, and financial characteristics
- Great people management skills; inspiring, empowering and developing the SKIMmers in the region
- Great collaborator; managing, influencing, and aligning stakeholders in a matrix organization, creating synergy
- Fluent English, in addition to fluent Spanish and/or Portuguese
- International mindset and eager to collaborate around the globe
- Willing to travel to clients and other locations within the region (2-4 times a year), and outside the region for leadership meetings (2 times a year)
What’s in it for you?
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Flexible working time
At SKIM we understand that every person is different, each with their own talents, dreams, and ambitions. This is why we are committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English will be considered.