Do you get excited from working with the most complex research methodologies out there? Do you like to figure out what complex method best fits a research problem? Join SKIMs Methodology and Analytics team in the US as Technical Manager – Methodology & Analytics!
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of New Product Development, Brand Communication and Revenue Growth Management & Pricing. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #3 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to be part of the journey to further grow our Methodology & Analytics (M&A) team and business in the US. The M&A team is SKIMs most technical team, offering expertise on a wide range of methodologies, with an emphasis on Conjoint. The core responsibility of the role is to provide technical and methodological consultancy on projects, both internally to project teams and externally with clients. In addition, you are also involved in providing training on complex methodologies to SKIMmers internally, and thinking along in how we as a company can be more innovative in the solutions and services that we offer to our clients.
We are looking for someone who is ready to:
- Manage, supervise, and help our internal teams execute the advanced analytics components in all phases of market research studies; the proposal, design, programming, questionnaire preparation, analysis, report writing and presentation
- Guide and train colleagues in methodology and analytics by providing training, sharing knowledge
- Help SKIM innovate, improve products and services, and participate in business development initiatives
Very concretely, throughout the above responsibilities you will assist in building conjoint designs, guide survey creation, model data in R/Stan/Q/other, and build interfaces to present results to the client.
As our Technical Research Manager, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science)
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience within Market Research, either supplier or client side
- Experience with choice-based conjoint design, analysis, and data modelling
- Passion for Analytics with experience executing Analytics or Modeling projects (e.g., conjoint/discrete choice, forecasting)
- Proven record of turning complex business issues into simple and actionable recommendations
- Basic understanding of Sawtooth, and a desire to learn and program in it
- Strong technical and analytical skills and interest in learning new quantitative research methodologies
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- A hybrid working environment
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- 4% match on 401(k)
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative, and international work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Company pension scheme
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your submission if this role sounds very exciting to you! We read each application carefully and will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English, will be considered.