SKIM is a global insights agency with 11 offices in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia. For over 40 years, we’ve helped the world’s leading CPG, technology, and healthcare brands thrive by understanding decision-making. Fueled by our decision behavior expertise, deep analytical and choice-modeling roots, and a thorough understanding of the marketing challenges brands face, we consistently deliver practical brand communications, revenue management, product innovation, e-commerce and advanced analytics.
As evidenced by our #6 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious, and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
In this role, you are SKIM’s leader of the US, and you represent both the clients and the people. SKIM has offices in Hoboken, Atlanta, San Francisco and Chicago. You are reporting to the Global Managing Directors and participate in Global leadership meetings.
Your primary responsibilities are to:
- Set the vision and strategy for the region, based on SKIM’s global plans
- Give direction to the growth of the region
- Realize the regional financial KPI’s
- Build strategic partnerships with our largest clients
- Create a team spirit, inspire, motivate, and empower the people to contribute to SKIM’s ambitious direction
- Chair the regional leadership team; coach and manage the team members individually
- Guide and steer the US expertise leaders to coordinate the regional development of the 4 expertise areas, Framework & Solutions, Methodology & Analytics, Business Consultancy, and Client & Operations, to move towards an expertise-based network organization
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 15+ years of relevant working experience of which 5+ years are in a leadership role
- Good understanding of market research/insights industry and the dynamics of the competitive field
- Familiar with the trends and developments in the US market, as well as the cultural, legal, and financial characteristics
- Great people management skills; inspiring, empowering and developing the SKIMmers in the region
- Great collaborator; managing, influencing, and aligning stakeholders in a matrix organization, creating synergy
- International mindset and eager to collaborate with teams around the globe
- Willing to travel to clients and other locations within the US and outside the US for leadership meetings several times a year
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas, and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate intellectual freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. The package includes the following:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual performance-based profit-sharing bonus
- 4% match on 401(k)
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Flexible working time
At SKIM we understand that every person is different, each with their own talents, dreams, and ambitions. This is why we are committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.