Do you want to have an impact on the development and growth of more than 300 SKIMmers around the world? Do you want to bring learning and development to the next level within SKIM? Join SKIM as Lead Talent and Learning!
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of New Product Development, Brand Communication and Revenue Growth Management & Pricing. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #3 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
People Development is at the heart of our company and maturing our talent and leadership development programs is a key element of our company strategy for the coming years. As our Talent and Learning Lead, you will therefore have a pivotal role in making this strategy come to life globally. Although talent and leadership development will be the focus for the first year, learning is also an important part of this role. We have our SKIM University as a solid base and are now ready to further professionalize how we develop and grow our staff.
Your primary duties are:
- Leadership Framework Design: You take the lead in the design and implementation of a new to be build leadership framework, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and values.
- Learning in the Flow of Work: Develop a vision on how we approach learning in the (near) future within SKIM. What would ‘learning in the flow of work’ mean for SKIM?
- Learning Program Development: You develop and deliver/source innovative and blended learning programs and interventions that cater to the professional development needs of our diverse and global workforce.
- Talent Development Approach: You develop and mature our approach towards developing our talent within SKIM. You align with key business stakeholders and HR to ensure a continuous conversation about talent development.
- Learning Technology Expertise: You leverage your knowledge about learning technology to enhance the learning experience through our HR Technology landscape.
- Evaluation and Metrics: You identify and implement a simple but effective way to measure the effectiveness of learning and development initiatives, and you follow-up to continuously improve.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement: Work closely with HR, leadership, and cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of learning and talent development initiatives with overall business objectives. Within SKIM the business owns a significant part of the learning initiatives related to developing Market Research and Expert specific capabilities.
- Knowledge sharing: As an HR team we are maturing towards being a consultative partner to our business counterparts. As you will be the Talent & Learning expert, we love to learn from you so that we jointly grow as a team!
Of course, you won’t be doing this all on your own. You will be part of the HR team that consists of 9 other HR professionals. Though you don’t have direct reports in this role immediately, there are multiple HR colleagues on the team who are involved in learning and development, who you can guide and help grow within the L&D pillar. You will report to the Global HR Lead.
Our ideal candidate is a mid-career professional that has been involved in designing programs or interventions for talent and leadership development. Next to this you have a genuine passion for building and refining learning programs.
This role will fit you if you like to build, refine and mature things, to have freedom and to combine strategic thinking with hands-on work. This role is ideal for those who appreciate a dynamic environment opposed to an environment where processes are already fully developed and evolved. We will welcome you at our headquarters in Rotterdam, which are located right next to Rotterdam Central Station. SKIM offers a hybrid working environment.
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- HBO or WO education, or equivalent experience in for example Educational Sciences, HR, or A&O psychology. If you have a different relevant background, that is also okay!
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience
- Experienced project manager that can lead complex projects successful from A to Z, a background in consultancy would be a plus
- A creative and strategic mind with a pragmatic approach to innovate and professionalize.
- Experience in an international company and/or international background; eager to work with stakeholders across the globe
- Excellent communication in English; combined with Dutch would be a plus
- Working hours 32 or 40 hours per week.
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based profit-sharing bonus
- Company pension scheme
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, knowledgeable, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Subscription to Open-up; the mental-wellbeing platform
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role. We look forward to reading your submission and will get back to you within 1 week after applying!
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume written in English, will be considered.