Do you want to empower people to be the best they can be? Do you want to be part of further growing and professionalizing a business, while maintaining a personal and caring culture?
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest consumer goods, technology and healthcare brands. SKIMmers are smart, enthusiastic, and ambitious. They love solving complex problems and enjoy working with other experts to learn from each other and find innovative solutions. A SKIMmer’s enthusiasm is palpable, they like to be intellectually challenged and they enjoy autonomy. Next to this we value pragmatism and ‘getting things done’.
SKIMmers not only care about their colleagues, they also care about the world around them and are actively committed to SKIMPact, our mission towards sustainability. Does this sound familiar to you? Do you see yourself as a SKIMmer?
As evidenced by our #3 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
You will join our young and growing team as a Facility Manager, serving as the primary contact for the major stakeholders in the EU and ASIA and being the person who leads the team in the EU and ASIA. Your primary responsibilities are:
- Build and inspire the EU and ASIA Facility team of 3 people located in Rotterdam
- Support the Global Workspace Lead in further growing and professionalizing our services, while maintaining our personal, caring culture and values
- Professionalize, innovate and develop current physical and digital workspace services and processes
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations for our offices in Rotterdam (130 employees), Berlin (20 employees), London (25 employees) and Singapore (15 employees)
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
SKIM offers a hybrid working environment, which means we are supporting employees working from home, elsewhere and in our offices. As a member of the Global Workspace team, you will be collaborating with team members in Rotterdam, Atlanta and New York. Together, you will be promoting global workspace initiatives in 9 offices, across 7 countries. You report to the Global Workspace Lead and will be based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, which is located right next to Rotterdam Central Station.
The ideal candidate is someone who is ready for the second or third step in their career. Your experience and enthusiasm will help to inspire and professionalize the team, but there is also room to make mistakes in order to learn and grow in this role. Typically, we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years’ experience of working in Facility Management, preferably with a broad working experience
- In-depth Facility expert with good understanding of what is needed in a growing company
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch
- A strategic mind with a pragmatic approach to innovate and professionalize processes and services
- Strong IT proficiency
- Working hours minimal 32 hours per week
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- Regular team outings and events
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training as well as opportunities over time to work in other offices around the world
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your submission if you think you’re a great fit. We read each application carefully and will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English, will be considered.