Manager Methodology (5+ years of experience)
Location: East Coast, (our East Coast office is in Hoboken, NJ)
Vacancy number: US 1227
Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you want to innovate and develop new solutions? Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career? SKIM is an international customer insights agency that specializes in understanding customer decision behavior to provide actionable insights to our clients.
Due to a rapid expansion of our USA offices and the growing importance of innovation in research and insights generation, we’re currently looking for a Manager of Methodology to join our Hoboken office.
As Manager of Methodology, you will be in the center of the SKIM USA methodology team. Within the team you have a coordinating role, you collaborate closely with our VP methodology, you interact and collaborate with your peer methodologists, with the Product Portfolio managers (managing the various portfolios of solutions) and with the research managers and analysts. You are an expert in discrete choice modeling and are well-versed in other advanced methods and statistics as well as have the desire to drive innovations in research methods. You and your team will manage the methodological aspects of high profile projects from start to finish. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is critical in helping answer complex business questions for our clients by modeling, applying and adapting advanced and solid research techniques. You can fulfill this role because you are experienced in advanced quantitative methods and out–of-the-box thinking.
- Recommends and provide solutions to improve the research methods used as well as the way these methods and techniques are used. You will be responsible for helping SKIM grow the methodological expertise and innovation of the company.
- Leads the design and monitors the analysis of complex market research projects that answer clients’ business questions
- Supports the project teams with methodological expertise during client meetings and presentations
- Influences the future of SKIM in regards to methodological advancement and expertise
- Helps coordinate the activities and tasks of the methodologists
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic person with the following profile:
- Strong academic track record from a top tier program (statistics, engineering, economics or mathematics degree preferred). Master degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience (preferably within market research or the quantitative field) with demonstrable experience as a solid and innovative researcher
- Excellent skills with advanced analytics and programming in R
- Broad knowledge of multivariate statistics
- Strong familiarity and ability to execute across broad range of marketing research methods including segmentation, key driver’s analysis, and conjoint
- Extensive experience with conjoint analysis, Sawtooth Software, and/or simulation models are all strong pluses
- Pricing research, communication research or new product development research experience is a plus
- Strong people management skills to manage and grow an enthusiastic, high performing methodology team
- Has a driving interest in and proven knowledge of analytics innovation
- Has excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills
- Strong client relationship skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial and proactive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- 4% match on 401(k)
- Regular team outings and events
- Annual team-building day
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great, passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
For more information about this position, please connect with:
- Elisha Vlashi, (firstname.lastname@example.org) HR manager Hoboken (NJ)
- Kevin Lattery (email@example.com) VP methodology, operating from Minnetonka (MN)
- Joris Huisman (firstname.lastname@example.org) Managing Director SKIM Group, San Francisco (CA)
- Oskar Toerneld (email@example.com), VP Pricing & Portfolio Solutions, Hoboken (NJ)
- Dirk Huisman Chairman Holding SKIM Group (firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English will be considered.