Presented claims development with Clorox at the Quirk’s Event, Orange County
Together with Clorox, we presented our case about claims development in a 2-day Quirk’s Event in Orange County, California from February 28 to March 1.
During our session, we shared a case study of how Clorox’s Kingsford Charcoal brand team worked with us to develop a new set of claims to achieve specific marketing objectives for the brand.
About claims development with Clorox
The process included three stages of research. The first was a claims generation workshop involving the brand team, the research team, and creative consumers. In the workshop, we involved all participants in a hands-on cookout to get in touch with the emotional and physical brand experience.
We also trained them on what makes for a strong product claim that leveraged SKIM’s communications before engaging in an interactive claims development brainstorming and prioritization session.
The resulting claims were then vetted and wordsmith-ed before quantitative testing in stage two. Here, we screened the claims to create a short list which would be used in stage three. In stage three, we then evaluated the top claims in a realistic, shelf set context including the competitive set to estimate market performance.
- New techniques – qualitative and quantitative
- Effective vendor/client relationship management
- Customer experience
- Leveraging your vendor’s experience and knowledge of best practices has advantages in claims development as well as in the actual testing process.
- Experiencing the product in a workshop setting helps surface brand connections that can be translated into claims that resonate emotionally.
- Engaging consumers in the claims development process, with guidance, can lead to stronger and more effective claims.
Get your copy of our claims development presentation in PDF!