SKIM / Sawtooth Software Conference 2016
Uniting industry leaders in quantitative methods
Together with Sawtooth Software, we hosted yet again a successful united SKIM/Sawtooth Software European Conference and Training Event on April 12-15, 2016 in Rome, Italy at the Courtyard by Marriott Rome Central Park.
About the conference
The first three days consisted of workshops and tutorial training days. On Friday, the final day was the conference event, which consisted of 9 to 12 presentations delivered by industry practitioners and academics. These conference sessions are never a sales-oriented event for Sawtooth’s software, but a chance to exchange ideas and receive education from a variety of sources and perspectives.
The first three days of our event consisted of various workshops and tutorials on quantitative methods with a focus on conjoint analysis. These sessions were hosted by research experts from Sawtooth Software and SKIM, but also Google, GfK and Market Probe shared their expertise.
At the end of the conference day, several papers were presented. Topics varied from conducting conjoint through mobile research, to how to make segmentation solutions actionable.
- Menu-Based Choice
- Random Utility Model (RUM) & Random Regret Model (RRM)
- Maximum Difference Scaling (MaxDiff)
- Conjoint/Choice Analysis
- Market Segmentation, including Cluster Ensembles and Random Forests
- R Tutorials
- Christopher Chapman, Google
- Ewa Nowakowska, Senior Director, Data Lab, GfK
- Joseph Retzer, CRO, Market Probe
- Jeroen Hardon, Senior Executive Consultant, SKIM
- Maureen Arink, Senior Research Director, SKIM
- Stefan Ammerlaan, Senior Research Manager, SKIM
- Bryan Orme, President, Sawtooth Software
- Keith Chrzan, Senior Vice President, Sawtooth Analytics, Sawtooth Software
- Aaron Hill, Vice President, Client Services, Sawtooth Software
- Megan Peitz, Ingenuity Ambassador, Sawtooth Software