Do you want to empower people to be the best they can be? Do you want to be part of further growing and professionalizing a business, while maintaining a personal and caring culture?
SKIMmers are smart, enthusiastic and ambitious. They love solving complex problems and enjoy working with other experts to learn from each other and find innovative solutions. A SKIMmer’s enthusiasm is palpable, they like to be intellectually challenged, they enjoy autonomy. They also share a healthy sense of competition, striving for their own success whilst also supporting and celebrating the success of others. SKIMmers care about the world around them and are actively committed to SKIMPact, our mission towards sustainability towards our clients and ourselves. Does this sound familiar to you? Do you see yourself as a SKIMmer?
What does the Workspace team do?
The Workspace Management team is responsible for the digital and physical workspace for all employees and for making sure all SKIMmers are well equipped to carry out their responsibilities. We operate a hybrid working model, which means supporting employees in the office, but also online. As a member of the Global Workspace team, you will be collaborating with team members in Rotterdam and Hoboken and together promoting global workspace initiatives in 10 offices, across 7 countries. Our Rotterdam office is currently 125+ employees and growing! You will be supporting our people to feel empowered in their work environment, the space they use, and the facilities provided. We believe that this will make them thrive and enable our continued business success and growth.
To create and maintain this workspace you will be managing vendors, purchasing products, resolving first-line IT tickets, working on (improvement) projects, organizing events (both work-related and fun events), maintaining the physical workspace of our Rotterdam office but also support our London, Berlin and Singapore offices, and many other things!
The topic for the internship assignment is up for discussion. Some possible topics we can offer are:
- Measuring the quality of service
- Internal communication
- Data Drive
- Health safety & environment
Who are we looking for? Someone who:
- Is eager to learn
- Thinks along and is pro-active
- Has good communication skills
- Has basic knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Is willing and able to travel to the office daily (days discussable in combination with a thesis)
- Being involved in many topics related to Workspace Management.
- The challenge. There is never a dull moment at SKIM. There is always a lot going on.
- We renovated our office on a large scale in 2022. As a result, you will work in a brand-new office that is fully equipped for hybrid working.
- Very nice colleagues who work in one of the coolest and most iconic buildings in the city of Rotterdam
- Monthly SKIMdrinks, sports activities and many other events (we can’t wait to see you there!)
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your application! We will get back to you within 1 to 3 weeks. Do note that we appreciate applications consisting of both a resume and a cover letter, written in English.