Senior Research Manager
Do you want to advise and influence the pricing decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have consulting and research experience and a natural talent for building strong relationships with clients? Come and join SKIM Rotterdam!
SKIM is a global insights consultancy. We are trusted advisors to our clients and work with them to solve their biggest problems. We combine innovative advanced analytics and data science expertise with a thorough understanding of consumers and marketing challenges to help our clients succeed.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and driven Senior Research Manager to be part of the exciting journey of further growing our Pricing business and expertise. We operate in an entrepreneurial environment which requires a self-motivated individual who is not afraid to take the lead. You will join our Rotterdam team as a Senior Manager, leading studies as a consultant, build strong relationships with our clients, and advise them through delivering clear and actionable insights.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Manage, supervise, and execute all phases of research studies, including: design, analysis, reporting presentation, and implementation
- Supervise the work of Analysts and Senior Analysts, and contribute to their growth and career development
- Help drive the future of the company by contributing to the development and refinement of industry-leading proprietary tools and solutions
- Take ownership of key client accounts and develop strong relationships with a long-term view, based on trust
- Play an active role in contributing to the strategy and vision for SKIM with regard to Pricing
The ideal candidate will have prior consulting and research experience on the agency side, combined with an understanding of advanced analytical and data science techniques (e.g. conjoint and multivariate analysis). Typically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience within market research
- Experience in Pricing research and/or Pricing consultancy
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills and data-driven problem-solving using a variety of research methodologies and statistical analyses
- A combination of strong strategic thinking and a hands-on, process-driven approach
- Proven track record of turning complex business issues and data into simple and actionable recommendations
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- A team player with a positive attitude, the ability to deliver with and through others, and a small ego
- A humble approach and desire to prove themselves in work delivered rather than words
- Proficiency with Excel, Tableau, R, and / or SPSS
- You are authorised to work in the Netherlands (resident, citizen, valid NL visa or other)
Salary and benefits
At SKIM we believe that our people define our success and we are committed to each team member’s happiness and ability to create a career that fulfills their aspirations.
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- A playful social calendar (of course, on the condition that you’d like to have one)
- A culture of entrepreneurship that rewards initiative
- A genuine focus on work-life balance with time off after intense periods
- Industry-leading in-house training programs and funding for external training
- Commuting cost reimbursement
- Profit-sharing scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions
- A team of passionate, smart, and friendly colleagues
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter. From the moment we receive these, we aim to get back to you within 1 to 3 weeks!