Do you want to advise and influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have consulting and business development experience combined with a strong understanding of analytical techniques and proven experience in leading research projects? Come and join SKIM Berlin as our new Senior Research Business Partner.
SKIM is a global insights consultancy. We are trusted advisors to our clients and work with them to solve their biggest problems. We combine innovative advanced analytics and data science expertise with a thorough understanding of consumers and marketing challenges to help our clients succeed.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and driven Market Research professional with an appetite for business development to have a significant role in growing our business in the DACH region. We operate in an entrepreneurial environment which requires a self-motivated individual who is not afraid to take the lead.
The role of Senior Research Business Partner is focused on both being an internal and external research partner. Externally you connect with existing clients, you develop successful partner relations with them and grow our existing accounts through strong consultative partnerships. You also have a clear awareness and ability to identify new business opportunities and translate this into new successful partnerships that support both growth for the client as well as for SKIM.
Internally you are a research partner on projects, supporting analysts and managers in delivering quality insights and propose strong solutions to clients that directly respond to the client needs. You perfectly and seamlessly connect research methodologies, project management with the client need. To be successful you know, understand and have experience in different research tools and methodologies, you have excellent project management skills and you enjoy the consultative process where you work partnership with the client.
You will join our Berlin team as a Research Business Partner with primary responsibility to grow our business through successfully increasing existing accounts and by connecting with new clients.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Seamlessly align client needs with SKIM’s core offer
- Be commercially aware and identify opportunity for growth of existing clients through successful partnerships as well as identify and reach out to potential new clients
- Lead on proposal development for clients, design the approach, and present to clients
- Support the Project Managers and account managers, actively contribute and lead projects
- Mentor, teach, train and inspire others
- Be part of global projects around your expertise area
- Direct the execution of studies for your clients by providing direction to the team and serve as a resource for them, keeping projects on time and budget
- Play an active role in contributing to the strategy and vision for SKIM in Berlin
- Take a leadership position in the development of SKIM’s companywide business development and financial performance processes
The ideal candidate will have prior consulting and research experience, combined with an understanding of advanced analytical and data science techniques (e.g. conjoint and multivariate analysis). Typically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience within strategy consultancy, research, or marketing, combined with a minimum of 2-3 years of focused business development experience
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills and data-driven problem-solving using a variety of research methodologies and statistical analyses
- A combination of strong strategic thinking and very hands-on, process-driven approach
- Strong track record of leading complex projects with aggressive timelines
- Proven client management and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Experience in working with clients to define their business questions and outline a clear and considered approach to solving them
- An ability to take ownership, organise their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- A team player with a positive attitude, ability to deliver with and through others, and a small ego
- A humble approach and desire to prove themselves in work delivered rather than words
- Full German proficiency. Note that we will only consider applicants with the proficiency of a native German speaker
Salary and benefits
At SKIM we believe that our people define our success and we are committed to each team member’s happiness and ability create a career that fulfills their aspirations.
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- Regular team outings and events
- Annual team-building day
- Open, communicative work environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- Company pension scheme
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.