Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have market research experience and a natural talent for building strong client relationships from the ground? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join SKIM Berlin as (Senior) Research Manager!
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations you can use to propel your business forward, online and offline.
We have a unique opportunity for you to be part of the exciting journey of shaping our newest office in Berlin. Being relatively new to the German market, we are looking to expand our client base. Therefore, your role would have a strong focus on Business Development. Note that we are specifically looking for fluent German speakers who have a keen background and interest in connecting with clients in the FMCG, Technology and Telecom industries.
You will join our recently set up team as a (Senior) Research Manager, leading business development initiatives and serving as the client consultant in all phases of market research projects. We are looking for someone who naturally engages in business development activities to further expand and deepen our client relationships. Furthermore, using your strong analytical and project management skills, you will support and lead projects to ensure clients are given clear and actionable insights.
We’re looking for someone will lead SKIM Berlin’s Business Development efforts by finding, maintaining and growing new and existing clients. More specifically, you will:
- Actively identify and reach out to potential clients to set up meetings
- Convince potential and existing clients of the services we offer by introducing our solution and way of working
- Ensure continued relationships and repeat projects with our existing clients by providing a client-first mentality and focusing on business challenges
- Take a consultative approach when discussing marketing issues/business problems with clients throughout the market research projects, from proposal to in-person presentation with senior audiences
- Supervise market research studies from beginning to end
- Play an active role in German marketing strategy, e.g. thought leadership opportunities, content development, conference participation, and public relations efforts etc.
- Help drive the future of SKIM by contributing to the improvement of products and services, and leading business development initiatives
The ideal candidate will have prior market research experience on the client or agency side and a basic understanding of conjoint and multivariate techniques. More specifically we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience within market research or consumer insights
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude
- A natural client focus is a must have
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- Experience with defining client research objectives, outlining potential study approaches, and developing client proposals in collaboration with the project team
- Knowledge of the German Market Research and Consumer Insights market and ideally a client network within the German FMCG, Technology or Telecoms markets
- Proven track record of turning complex business issues into simple and actionable recommendations
- Analytical skills and experience in quantitative research
Salary and benefits
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- Time for time arrangement
- Regular team outings and events
- Open, communicative work environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please submit your applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.