Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have extensive market research experience and a natural talent for building strong client relationships? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join SKIM Rotterdam as Research Manager in our Technologies team!
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of New Product Development, Brand Communication and Net Revenue Management. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #6 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
You will join our rapidly growing team as a Research Manager, serving as the primary client contact in all phases of market research projects and leading business development initiatives. We are looking for someone who naturally engages in business development activities to further expand and deepen our client relationships. Furthermore, using your strong analytical and project management skills, you will lead and co-execute projects to ensure clients are given clear and actionable insights.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone who is ready to:
- Consult with market research and marketing functions at our clients to help them make the best decisions possible by giving clear and actionable recommendations
- Take a consultative approach and serve as a strategic sparring partner. You will discuss marketing issues/business problems with clients throughout the market research projects, from proposal to in-person presentation with senior audiences
- Manage, supervise, and partially execute all phases of market research studies: proposal, design, programming, questionnaire preparation, analysis, report writing and presentation
- Supervise the work of Analysts and Senior Analysts, and contribute to their growth and career development
- Help drive the future of the company by contributing to the improvement of products and services, and participating in / leading business development initiatives
The ideal candidate will have prior market research experience on the supplier side, a basic understanding of conjoint and multivariate techniques. More specifically we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience within market research and the Technologies industry
- Proven track record of turning complex business issues into simple and actionable recommendations
- Commercial attitude and acquisition power
- Experience with client relationship management
- Strong technical and analytical skills, and a passion for learning new quantitative research methodologies
- Experience presenting results in front of senior audiences
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate intellectual freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- A hybrid working environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that every person is different, each with their own talents, dreams and ambitions. This is why we are committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your submission if you think you’re a great fit. We read each application carefully and will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English, will be considered.