SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations you can use to propel your business forward, online and offline.
It is SKIM’s mission to be the expert in analyzing and predicting customer decision behavior in order to help leading companies perform better. We’re always looking for new methodologies and opportunities that help us stay at the forefront of market research.
This internship is aimed at increasing and elaborating our understanding on the triggers of behavior change and help us in creating actionable modules or contributions that can be added to our existing and future research portfolio.
Activities in the assignment include:
- Elaborate on our current understanding of social / cognitive / consumer psychology to explain triggers of consumer behavior
- Expand our knowledge of academic behavior change theories to explaining how to trigger behavior change
- Provide real life case studies of successful nudging experiments
- Outline best practice in nudging approaches to drive desired behavior
You have solid analytical skills, you are good company and you have a good sense of humor. Preferably you are/have:
- In the final stage of Master, preferably in social psychology, behavioral psychology, economical psychology or equivalent, with above-average grades
- You have a conceptual mind and are proficient in modeling
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proactive attitude expressed in extracurricular and leadership activities
- Keen interest in quantitative and/or qualitative market research methodologies
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex, dynamic environment
- Authorization to work in the Netherlands
Salary and benefits
With this internship we want to give you the opportunity to seriously explore what a career at SKIM will be like. In case expectations from both ends are met during the internship period, you might be recruited for a starter position at SKIM. We offer this assignment as an internship for a Master’s degree. We align our conditions with those of your school. We suggest you to work for 3-5 days a week in our Rotterdam office for 3-6 months. We offer a fun and friendly place to work, dedicated guidance, a multi-cultural team and decent financial compensation. Our office is located right next to Rotterdam Central Station.
Please note that only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter in English will be considered. Please do note that receiving a response may take 1 to 3 weeks. Thank you for your understanding!