Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you want to innovate and develop new solutions that help consumers better understand their choices and help companies understand how to create improved, more effective sustainability solutions for their consumers / customers? SKIM is a global, award winning, consumer insights agency that specializes in helping companies understand how to disrupt and influence consumer buying patterns and decisions. We offer rewarding, challenging career paths for our people around the world.
We are currently looking for a quantitatively focused advanced analytics / data scientist to join our team. We have offices in the New York area (Hoboken), Atlanta and San Francisco. Currently all employees are working from home due to Covid-19.
As Manager of Advanced Analytics and Data Science, you will be at the center of the SKIM USA M&A team. You will work hand in hand with our VP of advanced analytics while interacting with and collaborating with a set of like-minded peers as well as with product managers and customer insight project analysts. You will be responsible for ensuring that our US project teams apply the right advanced analytic approaches, statistical techniques and data models to our client’s business issues. Specifically, we’re looking for someone who:
- Is an expert in advanced statistical analytics and quantitative methods and embraces out–of-the-box thinking.
- Has a passion for and experience using multiple data sets to create models, understand the business issue and find insights for our clients across different data sources
- Embraces answering complex business questions for our clients by applying and adapting advanced and solid technical research techniques and models.
- Will be an integral part of our client delivery teams, influencing the upfront discussions with external clients around their business questions as well as around the right methodological and analytical approaches to be applied to answer these questions and how to apply the results to their business.
- Has an understanding of and an ability to, evaluate existing research methods, models and statistically sophisticated research approaches and provides recommendations to improve them
- Is excited to work with our account teams and to support building awareness of our solutions and expertise in client meetings and industry wide presentations and conferences in the US and potentially abroad
- Can effectively manage other advanced analytic methodologists and data scientists
- Will take ownership of a key activity or analytic “idea” and champion it within the company and wants to join a company that empowers its employees to test and try new approaches
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic modern day marketing and data scientist with a passion for statistics that has the following profile:
- BA in a relevant field (e.g. statistics, engineering, economics, biostatistics or mathematics). Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience (within market research or the quantitative data science field) with demonstrable experience as a solid and innovative researcher / data scientist / advanced analytics professional
- Excellent skills with advanced analytics and programming in R or Python
- Broad knowledge of multivariate statistics
- Solid experience with analytic and marketing research methods including segmentation, key driver’s analysis, conjoint analysis, discrete choice modelling and hierarchical bayes models.
- Experience with Sawtooth Software a plus, along with other tools for hierarchical bayes models such as Stan or Tensorflow.
- Pricing research on client side, communication research or new product development research experience is a plus.
- Strong people management skills to manage and grow an enthusiastic, high performing advanced analytics and insight techniques team.
- Has excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills.
- Solid client relationship skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive attitude.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Salary and benefits
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- 4% match on 401(k)
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- Great, passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training as well as opportunities over time to work in other offices around the world
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.