We are a global insights agency helping companies thrive by understanding decision-making. We know how our changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We adapt research techniques to address this new reality.
What sets SKIM apart is our combination of decision behavior expertise + rigorous choice-modeling roots + a thorough understanding of our clients marketing challenges. The result? Practical recommendations that can help propel their business forward, online and offline.
SKIM has been named to the Top 50 Most Innovative Research Suppliers (#21), in addition to earning top 25 rankings on newly created lists for strategic consultancy (#12), full–service (#11) and data & analytics (#22). Our headquarters in Rotterdam is located right next to Rotterdam central station – the perfect spot to be in the city. We’ve been based in Rotterdam for 40 years now.
Working at SKIM means you are developing tools and solutions for our business to test and predict customer decision behavior in a variety of environments (e-commerce, social media, etc.). These innovations bring forth several technical vacancies.
To start off your day you will have a short standup with the team to discuss the past- and upcoming events of your work and that of the team. The team lead will oversee and take necessary actions if any impediments popup. After finishing your user story, you will commit your code to GitHub and make a pull request for other team members to review. After all this hard work it is time for a team lunch during which you can relax and play a game of ping-pong, foosball or Mario-kart.
In the afternoon we have some meetings scheduled to discuss requirements for an upcoming project and possibly also discuss some technical challenges we might be facing. These requirements need to be translated into user stories after which we will have a separate planning meeting to go over them, define impact (story points) and plan accordingly.
After a successful project there is champagne in the fridge and you are invited to take a picture with the people involved to show off the achievement to the rest of the company. In addition to this we have bi-monthly presentations to showcase new solutions.
We develop solutions and in-house tools as well as programming surveys, to which we are looking to expand our team of developers. Your role is to design, develop and test the functionality and impact of our web presence, survey designs, analysis and reporting tools. You will be a pivotal link to market research managers working in our offices worldwide. The position includes:
- Designing tools and solutions for client projects and services which work well on both desktop and mobile devices
- Developing market research solutions, from rapid prototyping to robust implementations and deployment
- Writing and supporting functional reports and converting functional requirements into well-documented, working applications
- Develop new and effective interactive design solutions for our online research projects
- Consult with market researchers on appropriate interactive technologies
- Collaborate on further optimizing the development process in general
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (HBO) Information Technology (in Dutch: Informatica) or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in programming and, if possible, demonstrated by your portfolio
- Experience with technical and functional software design requirements and execution for web applications
- Preferably some experience in using NodeJS, StencilJSand/or web components in general
- Ability to write clean, clear and concise code following the KISS principle
- Fluent communication skills in English, both in speech and writing (Dutch is not mandatory)
- Authorization to work in the Netherlands
At SKIM we believe that our people define our success and we are committed to each team member’s happiness and ability to create a career that fulfills their aspirations.
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- A playful social calendar (of course, on the condition that you’d like to have one)
- A culture of entrepreneurship that rewards initiative
- A genuine focus on work-life balance with time off after intense periods
- Industry-leading in-house training programs and funding for external training
- Commuting cost reimbursement
- Profit-sharing scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions
- A team of passionate, smart, and friendly colleagues
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English will be considered.