SKIM is an innovative and ambitious organization. Our mission is to become the #1 decision behavior expert and trusted partner to the world’s leading organizations.
SKIMmers are smart, enthusiastic and ambitious. They love solving complex problems and enjoy working with other experts to learn from each other and find innovative solutions. A SKIMmer’s enthusiasm is palpable, they like to be intellectually challenged, they enjoy autonomy. They also share a healthy sense of competition, striving for their own success whilst also supporting and celebrating the success of others. SKIMmers care about the world around them and are actively committed to SKIMPact, our mission towards sustainability towards our clients and ourselves. Does this sound familiar to you? Do you see yourself as a SKIMmer?
As evidenced by our #6 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and driven Survey Scripter to be a part of a growing organization. We operate in an entrepreneurial environment which requires a self-motivated individual who is able to work in an efficient manner. You will join the team in our Rotterdam office, working together with colleagues on scripting surveys for our market research projects. The role of (Junior) Scripting Specialist will be a temporary position for approximately 4-6 months, with the possibility of extension.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Join project teams on structural basis and take responsibility of scripting the surveys (often including one or more of SKIM’s proprietary solutions, e.g., virtual shopping screens) in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform rudimentary checks to ensure the scripts and survey logics are error free
- Using experience to liaise with internal clients, advising on best practice and assisting with problem solving
- Be open to new ways of working and have a passion for seeking out new ideas to assist senior scripters in implementing new solutions for improved efficiency of the current way of working
The ideal candidate is somebody who is determined and focused, has an eye for detail and is able to work with tight deadlines. We don’t ask you to be a perfectionist, as we expect you to make mistakes in order to learn and grow. Typically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 0-1 years of experience in scripting quantitative survey data in a market research company
- You have an MBO working and thinking mindset, preferably with a programming related course
- Experience working with Excel is a plus
- Fluent communication skills in English, both in speech and writing
- A team player with a positive attitude
- You are authorized to work in the Netherlands
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate intellectual freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- A hybrid working environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative, and international work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your submission if this role sounds very exciting to you! We read each application carefully and will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English, will be considered.