Do you want to make a difference by joining an innovative team of developers in a global market research agency? Are you looking for a challenging and independent position in an international and dynamic organization?
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations you can use to propel your business forward, online and offline.
We are looking for a (junior) developer to join our team in Rotterdam. You will join a small team of software developers, providing product development and innovation support for market researchers and clients around the world. You will be part of creating new innovative solutions from scratch as well as making strategic decisions.
You will be part of our team of talented and driven software developers and market researchers. Together with the team, you will design and develop new innovative web-based applications for research teams and clients worldwide. The position includes:
- Taking responsibility for the entire technology stack
- Designing the overall architecture of our web applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to design and launch new features
- Implementing security and data protection
- Working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Maintaining a high code quality and ensure responsiveness of our applications and solutions
- Maintaining code integrity and code organization
More specifically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 1-3 years’ experience in programming, and if possible, demonstrated by your portfolio
- Experience in using both relational and document database technologies
- Experience in using modern web server technologies
- Fluent communication skills in English, both in speech and writing
- Authorization to work in the Netherlands
SKIM is a fast growing and multicultural company, employing smart, enthusiastic and collaborative people. With our nine offices worldwide, we are large enough to deal with extensive multinational business challenges and offer opportunities to grow; yet, we are ‘small’ enough to know each other’s names. We offer a flexible work environment as well as a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Regular team outings and events
- Annual team-building day
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
Please note that only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter will be considered (noting locations of interest). Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.