SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of New Product Development, Brand Communication and Net Revenue Management. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #6 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a collaborative global community.
In this role, you are the leader of New Product Development in EMEA. Together with the other regional leaders of Brand Communication and Net Revenue Management you will be part of the global Framework & Solutions team. Your primary responsibilities are:
- As a leader you build a long-term vision and roadmap for continued growth of the Innovation research business at SKIM
- Inspire, lead and strengthen your regional network of junior and senior New Product Development specialists
- Provide external thought leadership and strengthen SKIM’s position as an intelligent, forward looking, trusted expert in this field
- Be a consultant and thought leader on the field of Innocation and Consumer Insights to our clients. Client work will take up about 50 percent of your time
- Take an active role in building strategic partnerships with our largest clients
- Support and development of (junior) New Product Development specialists and account teams in writing proposals, delivering insights and strengthening client partnerships
- Work with your US counterpart to improve and expand our portfolio of New Product Development research solutions and consultative frameworks
We are looking for motivated people that can leverage their expertise and experience in the field of innovation to further strengthen the leadership position we have in this field. You will report to the SVP of Framework & Solutions based in Singapore, with a dotted line to the Managing Director of Europe.
Skills and Qualifications
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- Excellent understanding of client needs, strategies and trends in the area of Innovation (Research) and Consumer Insights
- At least 5 years of experience working in this field
- Experience in a New Product Development / Innovation role at the client side or a consultancy firm is a must
- Affinity with market research and consumer decision making
- Critical thinker that feeds of intellectual freedom and independence
- Strong drive to create and build solutions and frameworks in the New Product Development space
- Capable of managing and influencing stakeholders in a matrix organization
- International mindset and eager to work with peers across the region and the globe
- Fulltime and part-time (4 days a week) position is available
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate intellectual freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- A hybrid working environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that every person is different, each with their own talents, dreams and ambitions. This is why we are committed to providing everyone with the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
Thank you for taking the time to read the description of this role, and we look forward to reading your submission if you think you’re a great fit. We read each application carefully and will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English, will be considered.