Are you interested in leading HR all around the world at a people-oriented agency, specialized in market research? Do you want to be part of further growing and professionalizing a business, while maintaining a personal and caring culture? set up Join SKIM as Director Global HR in Rotterdam!
SKIM is a fast-growing marketing research consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. For over 40 years, we have been trusted partners to the world’s largest CPG, technology and healthcare brands. We specialize in modelling and understanding people’s decision making in the areas of net revenue management, brand communications and new product development. In our vision, a combination of methodological robustness, marketing domain expertise and understanding the client’s business is the key to building lasting strategic partnerships with our clients.
As evidenced by our #6 position in GRIT’s report of most innovative research agencies, we believe in continuously improving our solutions and expertise frameworks. But above all else, we believe in a culture where smart, ambitious, and genuine people support each other, follow their dreams, balance priorities in life and bring everyone’s unique skills together in a supportive global community.
In this role, you are the global leader of HR, responsible for the whole HR spectrum, among which Recruitment, Learning & Development, Management Development, HR Business Partnering and HR Operations. Your primary responsibilities are:
- Develop an inspirational and state-of-the-art HR vision for an international and people centric company
- Translate this vision into a project roadmap to bring HR to the next level
- Lead and strengthen the global HR team of 10 people, located in Rotterdam and New York
- Support the two global Managing Directors and the global leadership in the growth of SKIM, while maintaining our personal, caring culture and values
- Professionalize and innovate current HR policies and benefits
- Expand the SKIM University with new learning journeys for all our experts
- Responsible for all HR processes, procedures, and compliancy with legislation & regulations
You will report to the Global Managing Director and participate in global Leadership meetings to define contribute to strategic topics. You will be based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, which are located right next to Rotterdam Central Station. SKIM offers a hybrid working environment.
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- At least 10 years of experience working in HR, of which at least 3 as a people manager
- In-depth HR generalist with good understanding of what is needed in a growing company
- A strategic mind with a pragmatic approach to innovate and professionalize
- Experience in an international company and/or international background; eager to work with management across the globe
- Excellent communication skills in English; combined with Dutch would be a plus
- Capable of managing and influencing stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Working hours minimal 32 hours per week.
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment and people-centric culture where people who appreciate intellectual freedom, team play and a “can do” mentality thrive. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based profit-sharing bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Passionate, intelligent, and supporting colleagues
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Regular team outings and events
- SKIM University with a broad selection of trainings
At SKIM, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. With increased diversity comes greater variety of perspectives, ideas and creativity, and we foster an environment where everyone feels welcome and comfortable to be their authentic selves. Therefore, we welcome diversity in applicants and base our hiring decisions regardless of age, race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic characteristics, marital or military status.
For the selection of candidates for this role we work with the agency RvdB. Feel free to reach out to the interim Global HR Director Christine Hille for any further information (see on the right). Thanks!