Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have extensive market research experience and a talent for building strong client relationships? Are you a team leader who inspires your team and helps them reach new heights? Join SKIM’s team in Hoboken!
SKIM is an international customer insights agency that specializes in understanding decision behavior to provide actionable insights to our clients.
As a Director at SKIM and location manager for SKIM’s Hoboken office, you’ll be responsible for developing our business and position us among the top tier suppliers providing data-driven and solution-based marketing & business recommendations for various industries/categories. You will have extensive knowledge of SKIM’s methodology-based solutions, consult on large-scale market research or analytics projects, be hands-on in providing account and project guidance when necessary, and expand our client base, as well as strengthen existing client relationships.
In this role, you will discuss marketing issues/business problems with clients throughout the engagement with them, such as guiding innovative proposals and taking a consulting role, and being critical in helping answer complex business questions for clients by applying and adapting advanced and solid research techniques, with out–of-the-box thinking.
In addition, as the location manager for the office, you will ensure the wellbeing of the team across the core business functions (e.g. operations, methodology & innovation) and collaborate with other location managers effectively for the greater good of the entire US region. This includes:
- Lead and inspire the Hoboken team towards SKIM’s Mission to be the Decision Behavior Experts
- Lead the development of an inclusive office culture that values and respects differences in background, skills and experiences, as well as reflect SKIM’s values
- Foster a work environment that is open, inviting, enjoyable and encourages collaboration and new ideas
- Lead in the recruitment and selection of employees, including determining the interviewing process to ensure the right mix of people to serve the needs of the business and the location
- Lead talent development (retention and growth) strategy for the location in conjunction with the US Leadership Team and the HR manager
- Be the official and natural go-to person for all people for the local team irrespective of their functions or industry alignment
- Oversee and properly delegate the resource allocation based on availability, skill sets, desired development
- Encourage training and knowledge sharing on broad range of topics: new methodological approaches (qual and quant), project related issues, new insights, category trends and expertise, developments in the MR industry, etc.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic leader who is a forward-looking change agent, and possesses the following:
- Past hands-on experiences executing actual analytics or modeling type of projects (e.g. conjoint/discrete choice, forecasting) is a must for this specific position and this office
- Minimum of 10 years experience with a mix of hands-on quantitative and analytics work and client consultation, with demonstrated knowledge and deep understanding of various quantitative research methods across industries/categories
- Experience and interest in leading one or more of the following types of projects: price and portfolio optimization, forecasting, message/claims testing, path to purchase/eCommerce, demand modelling/market potential studies, segmentation, ATU tracking studies
- Experience in consultative selling
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining key accounts and client relationships
- Experience and interest in managing, coaching and mentoring teams
- Self-motivated and high energy, with the ability to manage different work styles and effectively inspire teams and resolve conflicts
- Proven ability to navigate complex organizations to find decision makers, champions, and key stakeholders while creating strong relationships at every level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including in-person presentation
- Experience using analytical software (e.g. SAS, R, SPSS etc)
- A (Master’s) degree in one of the following studies is considered a plus: Marketing Research, Data Analytics, Marketing
Salary and benefits
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- 4% match on 401(k)
- Regular team outings and events
- Annual team-building day
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Work/life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great, passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter will be considered.