Do you thrive in a fast, technical and commercial environment? Do you thrive on solving complex problems, applying the science of statistics, and developing models to understand and predict consumer behavior? Do you like working with large quantities of data? Turning fast amounts of information into a simple to understand and easy to explain story?
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making and consumer behavior in order to help our clients make strategic decisions.
Our clients are some of the largest multinational companies who rely on our team of young scientist to decipher research data into meaningful insight. You will be part of our science innovation team that are at the for front of innovation, advanced data modeling and big data analytics. You will be part of a small, but global team of scientists.
To support our rapidly expanding Data Science team we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic computer scientist who takes initiative, can work independently, but also enjoys being part of a team of likeminded professionals. The position is a blend of working on client projects and internal innovation projects. For client projects you will be part of the full-circle research project, which means from the project set up, transforming a client’s question into a research question, using a variety of research methods, analyzing and presenting the data in a way client focusses way. When working on our internal innovation projects, you will develop models, data infrastructures and creating, testing new blended approaches of a variety of research methods that would allow clients to gain an increasingly better insight in consumer behavior.
Your responsibilities include:
- Involvement in various types of market research studies that deploy machine learning and statistical models for forecasting, segmentation, driver analysis and NLP
- Creating the research design and conducting the modeling part of complex studies
- Providing consultancy on standard research solutions
- Developing standardized research and analysis methods which can be automated and used by the research project team
- Deploying control measures to ensure data quality and conducting the analysis process including market simulations
- Collaborating with the more experienced analytical staff to develop and deploy data products (data architecture and output production)
- Reflecting on our ways of working and working on improvement initiatives such as developing new tools, applications, and more efficient solutions
You will play a critical role by combining technical skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. We will ask the most of you in your interaction with clients, both internally and externally. More specifically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Minimum Master’s degree in econometrics, statistics, computer science or a similar technical degree
- 2-4 years of experience in the field is required
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Strong coding skills in R/Python
- Experience in writing production-level code in SQL
- Proficiency in creation of dashboards and visualizations (data product in R Shiny, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Ability to work with Cloud Computing (AWS preferred)
- Proactive attitude expressed in extracurricular activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex, dynamic environment
- Independent, yet a team player
- Authorization to work in the Netherlands
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Regular team outings and events
- Annual team-building day
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please note that only complete applications consisting of a resume, cover letter and a reference to your Data Science portfolio will be considered (noting locations of interest). Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.