Presenting Claimstorming with Clorox at the Quirk’s Event, Orange County
We’re excited to announce that we will be presenting together with Clorox in a 2-day Quirk’s Event in Orange County, California from February 28 to March 1.
During our session, we will share a case study of how Clorox’s Kingsford Charcoal brand team worked with us to develop a new set of claims to achieve specific marketing objectives for the brand.
Presentation date: February 28th, 2017
Location: Room 2, Hotel Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Road, Irvine, CA
Presenters: Kristin Fleming, Kingsford Charcoal Brand Manager and Bill Salokar, VP Client Solutions at SKIM
About Claimstorming with Clorox
The process included three stages of research. The first was a claims generation workshop, or “claimstorming,” involving the brand team, the research team, and creative consumers. In the workshop, we involved all participants in a hands-on cookout to get in touch with the emotional and physical brand experience.
We also trained them on what makes for a strong product claim that leveraged SKIM’s communications before engaging in an interactive claims development brainstorming and prioritization session.
The resulting claims were then vetted and wordsmith-ed before quantitative testing in stage two. Here, we screened the claims to create a short list which would be used in stage three. In stage three, we then evaluated the top claims in a realistic, shelf set context including the competitive set to estimate market performance.
- New techniques – qualitative and quantitative
- Effective vendor/client relationship management
- Customer experience
- Leveraging your vendor’s experience and knowledge of best practices has advantages in claims development as well as in the actual testing process.
- Experiencing the product in a workshop setting helps surface brand connections that can be translated into claims that resonate emotionally.
- Engaging consumers in the claims development process, with guidance, can lead to stronger and more effective claims.
Want to know more? Don’t hesitate to give us a call or drop an email!